Today I created a video tutorial to show you how to make these beautiful ruffled cuff bracelets. I have made them for many of my friends and I always get compliments when I wear one. You can definitely follow my exact directions, or tailor it to suit your own style. Many brides also order them covered in fluffy, frothy flowers as re-wearable alternatives to traditional corsages.
If you like this project, leave a comment and give me some feedback, and if you want to try it out, I have re-written the list of materials you need as well as the basic instructions below.
Or you can go to the Princess Lasertron store and buy a kit that has all of the materials collected for you, including some special surprise embellishments that you will love!
…Strip of felt or heavy fabric that’s about 24’’ in length.
…Needle & thread
…Sewing machine (optional)
…Your own trims and embellishments–I used polka dot seam binding, vintage pom-pom trim, and antique mother of pearl buttons.
1. Ruffle the felt by folding up half an inch of felt every inch and a half along the strip, stitching down the center of the strip to secure the ruffle as shown below.
2. Arrange the pom pom trim down the middle of the bracelet and stitch in place to secure.
3. Layer the polka dot seam binding over the top of the pom pom trim. Isn’t that pretty? Stitch that into place too.
4. Arrange the buttons on the bracelet however you like. You can layer them on top of each other or in a row…you can use just one or all of them! Sew those to the bracelet.
5. Next, match the ends of the bracelet together and sew together to finish your cuff bracelet. You can hand-sew it closed or feed it through your sewing machine!
I think you will have a lot of fun making this bracelet for yourself or for a friend. When you’re finished, upload your final design to our online Flickr group!